- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
I get my dress in a few more days. :)
Even if the other person isn’t willing to accept anything, be the bigger person. It will make you feel better as a human being. We all make mistakes. I made a big mistake this past Saturday.
My fiancé’s daughter, at his brother’s wedding reception, made a sarcastic remark when I was talking to his sister and mother about Trinity. Proceeded to tell his nephew that she is his only girl cousin, and repeatedly said her mother and grandfather were her dad.
I was angry. I was upset. I was offended, especially with the smart remark dealing with Trinity.
I made the mistake of telling my fiancé’s sister that his daughter is lucky I didn’t punch her in the face for the remarks. I wasn’t thinking when I said it.
She went back to his daughter’s mother and told her.
Now, almost a week later, his daughter’s mother messaged him.
I wanted to be the bigger person.
It was my mistake and I owned up to it. I messaged her, apologizing about what I said, but also explaining why I said it. I told her I shouldn’t have said it. I apologized.
I’m only human. I make mistakes, and I have to own up to those mistakes.
From here on out, I will. I’m going to be the bigger person.
It makes your life a whole lot easier.
That awkward moment when you’re trying to find a nice outfit to wear to a wedding, but the only kind of ‘dress pants’ you have are a pair of Dickies pants.